a very lazy Saturday

 23 August 2008

Spent today doing not much of anything. Which kind of feels good, since we've been going, going, going here all summer. We went to a 'garden' party last night at friends, with kids in tow, got home way too late, and then had to get up way too early to drive dh to the airport for a business trip. So I'm wiped, and so are the kids.. they didn't really appreciate being dragged out of bed at 7am, and once home from the airport, Noah went back to bed until 1pm! I've been kind of sittin' around all day in the heat, doing a little bit of scrapping, and just relaxing. :) I'll probably head to the pool after supper for a swim, in the hopes that it will refresh me and I won't have to retire at 8pm tonight. ;p


Here's a layout I did today while the little guy slept, and dude #1 was at a playdate. So happy to have completed a page, b/c I've been feeling rather mojo-less these past weeks. Getting my DT box from AC kind of helped that along, the new lines are incredible, and I can't decide which one I like best. This layout uses the travel line, with some travel stickers by Martha Stewart thrown in. It's a bad stitch, it really is very straight and lines up nicely irl, but I was way too lazy today to rescan it. *yawn*.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Summer's almost over, and I'm kind of depressed about it..




15 comments:

Anonymous,  August 23, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

LOVE your page, Mel. I love seeing well balanced two-pagers that flow so nicely. The AC is wonderful. I'm always so impressed by how well you use it. As much as I LOVE my AC stuff, I often struggle with its bold colours and designs. Your work always provides such great inspiration.

Leanne Stamatellos August 23, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

don't those photos look so great enlarged - the black and white one is the perfect break to the colour shots - thanks for sharing Melanie!

Anonymous,  August 23, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

You are so dang amazing! Love this layout Mel!
I am a bit bummed summer is almost over too. The girls are back on Wed and J a week later. Kindergarten this year :(

Candice August 24, 2008 at 2:05 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candice August 24, 2008 at 2:06 AM  

Holy cow-what a brilliant layout! Glad you're enjoying the end of your summer-even if it's keeping you busy. We're in back-to-school mode here. :)

Patti August 24, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

Gorgeous Layout!! Love it!!

Belinda Venables August 24, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog and for the welcome! :D

I can't wait to get started. I haven't got my goodies yet...should be any day now - can't wait!

Have a fabulous week.

Belinda
xx

Belinda Venables August 24, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog and for the welcome! :D

I can't wait to get started. I haven't got my goodies yet...should be any day now - can't wait!

Have a fabulous week.

Belinda
xx

Heather M. August 24, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

Sigh, what a GORGEOUS layout, Melanie! I love, love, love the photos! You ae so talented! Enjoy the AC goodies!
And yay for lazy Saturdays! :)

Jessica August 24, 2008 at 10:35 PM  

You got the box!!! yay!!!!
Came fast this time. You better unpack the first one :)

melissa deakin August 25, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

mel,
this layout is so gorgeous.
i love the bright colored photos mixed with the black and white.
you rock!
i owe you some emails.
will get to it...working on sean's birthday party schtuff!
talk soon.
xoxo

Anonymous,  August 26, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

love it.
i do.
i do.
i love the travel line and how you used it.

nichole August 26, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

such a great layout. i am so excited that it is now ok (thanks to paige) that i have been stalking your blog.

you are so creative and i love the stories about your cute family.

thanks for sharing.

peg manrique August 26, 2008 at 8:59 PM  

those lazy summer day are the best! love this page. those photos are awesome & your designs always knock my socks off :)

Anonymous,  August 28, 2008 at 2:33 AM  

Loooooove this! :)

Love the bright saturated colors. Love that it's a 2-pager. Love the mix of b/w and color photos. Love how it's photo heavy. Love, love, love it! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!