Back in the saddle again...

 21 September 2008

I'm slowly finding my way through that beginning of September fog that I'm sure everyone with school-age kids experiences. It's funny how you can get so used to that lovely slow summer routine, however short it may be, and find it so hard to get back to the hectic pace that we crazily maintain all through the fall and winter months. I don't know about you, but I much prefer summer mode, it's just SO much easier and relaxed. There's probably a reason I yell way less in the summer, do you think there's a correlation there? ;)


I'm sure by now you've heard about Cathy Zielske's class, Design your Life, going on over at Big Picture Scrapbooking. I signed up last week, because as everyone pretty much knows, I have a ginormous crush on her, and there was no way José I was going to miss out on a Cathy class. It promises to be lots of fun, and I'm hoping to come out of it with a bunch of lovely layouts that I probably would not have done otherwise, because I'm one of those lazy scrappers who does a page a month, give or take a few... in fact, I was so fired up about this class that I went ahead and enrolled in my friend Elizabeth's class too, ( also at BPS ) and which also looks like it's going to be completely amazing, if her book is anything to go by. The class is called Red Letter Days, and there's only a few more days to sign up for it before registration closes and you miss out on some cool stuff, so go for it! The best part is that it's a total steal at only 18$, and you can't beat that.


Here's the page I did as the pre-assignment for Cathy's class. Haven't even started Elizabeth's yet.. I'm hoping tomorrow. This took way longer than it should have, because between work and other stuff, it just kind of got left sitting on my table all week, and I added and subtracted things every once in a while when I passed by. Oh, and I was supposed to use a Kraft background, but the white cardstock voice in my head just kept calling out to me....

Happy 1st day of Fall!


17 comments:

Anonymous,  September 21, 2008 at 11:25 PM  

This is just perfection, so crisp and clean. Is it wrong of me to want to eat this layout??

juliescrapbook September 22, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

I'm also a huge fan of Cathy and taking her class. It's going to be a blast. I'm going to check out Red Letter Days class tonight. You're tempting me.

Anonymous,  September 22, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

LOL I recognize you there with the white cs! But hey she said to follow our instinct with this too. ;) I love your page. I need to get mine done too. I finally bit the bullet and registered on Friday. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us. I'm sure I'm going to have a blast with this and, like you, end up with pages that I wouldn't have come up with on my own. =D

And, btw, I just love the new look of your "entête". =D Makes me wish that Summer was still here!

Anonymous,  September 22, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

oh my! That is really lovely. The combo of patterned papers and the different elements are perfect!

HIME September 22, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

Waouhh j adore cette page. What an amazing page.
Congrat'

margaret September 22, 2008 at 5:46 PM  

Lovely, lovely, lovely... :)

I just love the colors you've chosen (bright, but soothing still). Hope you have fun in the class. Wishing I had some spare change to take it as well...phoey!

Emily Pitts September 22, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

you are making my resolve so very thin. gorgeous page mel!

Anonymous,  September 22, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

I love your page. I am going to haul out my papers tonight... and look for a picture or two too. Hmmm...

And YES, I totally understand your yearning for the easy, breezy pace of life we had in the summer. I worked most of the summer, but my hubby was off, and he looked after all the "house and kid stuff" that now falls back into the "shared jobs" territory. *sigh*

Heather M. September 22, 2008 at 11:46 PM  

love!!!!!! that layout! I wish I could take her class but I just can't with a new baby right now. My mom is taking it though! Can't wait to see what you create in both classes! I love seeing your work!

Candice September 22, 2008 at 11:49 PM  

Love love love the LO! & I hear you on the routine. Seems like we're all homework, no play here :(.

Anonymous,  September 23, 2008 at 11:56 AM  

gorgeous page, mel!
so happy you're taking the class too. and happy you used the white cardstock. :)

Séverine September 23, 2008 at 2:24 PM  

Je ne me suis pas inscrite pour le cours de Cathy Zielske parce que je ne pensais pas réussir à tout faire mais j'adore complètement ta page!!! WOW!
Les papiers que tu as choisi sont simplement superbes!
J'ADORE, comme chacune de tes réalisations d'ailleurs!

Bises

melissa deakin September 23, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

this is gorgeous, mel.
love it.
i need to sign up for the class...maybe i will get to it tonight!

Anonymous,  September 23, 2008 at 4:10 PM  

So love love this page. The colors are freakin' amazing! Well, I had another word in mind, but I'm assuming this is a PG-13 blog. LOL! Dang, am I the only person NOT taking this class? I feel so uncool.

Leanne Stamatellos September 24, 2008 at 6:42 AM  

it's the white background that makes this so fantastic - I love it!
And, no Linda, you're not the only one not doing cathy's class - I'm starting to feel a little nerdy too - will th peer group pressure get to me ???

B.créations September 24, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

Magnifique!! Un choix de papiers sublimes, une mise en page ultra graphique... tout ce que j'aime!!
Ce blog est une très belle découverte ;-)

Anonymous,  September 27, 2008 at 12:30 AM  

I seriously love this layout. Fabulous, as always.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!