Weather woes
05 August 2008
The weatherman is messing with our heads here. I know, everyone's talking about it, but it's enough to depress even the most optimistic person. (that would be me) After enduring massive amounts of snow this past winter, I was looking forward to a lovely hot & sunny summer, but so far it's been a bust. It's rained almost every single day this month, and most of June too. The kids and I are supposed to go stay with a friend tomorrow at her cottage, and because getting there entails crossing the lake by boat, with the 40 mm of rain we're supposedly going to be pelted with tomorrow, it's not looking good. I tried to get a pic from the weather network's website on here, but can't get it to work- let's just say that the 10 day long range forecast is enough to make me want to move to Arizona! While we were in Maine, we had only 2 1/2 good days of beach weather. For me, beach weather means laying on the sand, reading a good book with a hard ice tea next to me, and sweating enough to make me have to dunk myself into the frigid water every 20 minutes or so, but I only managed to wade up to my waist a few times on the days that were hot. We did, however, enjoy many beautiful morning walks on the beach in the fog, ( see above photo) which was lovely, albeit chilly and damp. It was amazing to be able to walk there in 1 minute. We took day trips to Boston and Portland b/c of the rain, and got stuck outside of Boston in one of the heaviest downfalls I've ever seen. But it was cool actually visiting 2 beautiful cities, and it was thanks to the rain that we went, because if it had been hot and sunny, you know where I would have been. ;)
I'm not in a blogging mood lately. I've been scrapping up a storm for assignments, and am gladly taking a little breather from scrapping for the next few days. I did however get my hands on some of the new AC stuff ( no, did not receive the box yet, but I'm hoping and praying it's soon!) and man, this is probably my most fave collection ever from what I've seen. It's pure deliciousness. Hopefully by the weekend, I'll have enough mojo back to actually use some of it!Speaking of American Crafts, if you haven't checked out the DT's stuff on the blog using their fab Kid's line, go now! Some totally cute projects there.
And lastly, a huge congrats to my uber talented friend Moon who made the AC team earlier this week -I'm seriously thrilled for her!

9 comments:
Yeah, I hear you! Weather-wise, my last two weeks of vacation will not be that great. :( We were hoping to get some sunshine this week so we could go camping, but I think we'll have to put a hold on that... *sigh*
Great picture by the way...
Bummer on the less-than-summery summer :( I won't tell you what nice weather we've had most of the time :p
That photo though - WOW. At least you'll have some good photos to scrap when fall arrives!
thank mel!
stinks about the weather not being nice during your vacation...dont you hate that?
glad you're back and can't wait to see your new creations and getting my box in the mail too...eeee!
That stinks about the bad weather, we are having the same, I think summer came early this year. Thanks for the congrats on making the team, I am still in shock and so looking forward to working with everyone!!
Sorry to hear about your not so perfect holiday - maybe consider Australia next time - heheheh - where I live it's almost 365 days of gorgeous weather - can I tempt you ? Even our winter has comfortable days of about 68 degrees - love to have you come and visit! Looking forward to seeing your scrapping and of course huge congratulations to Moon - I love her style!
Mel, you've gotta move to San Diego. :)
And yes, congratulations to your friend, Moon, on making the AC team. She's one SUPERtalented scrapper. :)
i feel your pain with the weather...we've had the same icky-ness here, UGH! hope it changes soon. that really is a cool pic though ;)
Bummer about the weather...hope things warm up for you guys soon. I remember how long those MA winters were (and the rainy summers too!).
Awww, man, that sucks about the weather but that is such a gorgeous photo!
Post a Comment