The Lake, lovely no matter what the weather

 10 August 2008

So, we did end up going to my friend's cottage last week, and alas, the weatherman wasn't wrong. It did indeed rain for the 3 days we were there, but it was ok. It's a perfectly lovely place, no matter what the weather. My kids are troopers, and I love that they're not easily put off by a little ( or in this case, a hell of a lot) of rain. They swam, they fished, they played, caught toads, picked blueberries, and Bobby learned how to drive the boat- an amazing 3 days of adventure for 2 active boys. Someone needs to figure out a way to bottle that mountain fresh air too. My boys are very hard to get to bed most nights, but up here, they're almost begging to sleep by about 8pm. It always amazes me. I've already scrapped about the lake in this layout, but here's a few photos I took to show you how beautiful it is, even in crap weather. My friend Norah and I had so much fun together, and I'm always so grateful that she invites us up here to spend part of her vacation with here every year. Love her!


Here's a particularly ominous looking shot taken shortly after we arrived Wednesday afternoon.


Then a sunbeam gave us some false hope...

The kids didn't care about the rain. They wanted to fish and swim...



We ran out of dry clothes. Not so fun.




Here's Lily enjoying the scenery. Her fur is almost normal again. And soft from the lakewater.


Ahhhh, the good life. We didn't want to leave.



I went to work on Saturday, and came home with some new American Crafts rub-ons and more papers. I just couldn't resist, I'm so weak. It's foolish of me, since I should be getting my AC box any day now... pretty please?! This collection is N I C E. Really, really, really nice. I'd say it comes close to being my fave.
I had to sit down and scrap with it Saturday night, even though I was exhausted, and should have gone to bed. I made these note cards... easy, cute, and very quick. I think these kinds of little cards are going to be perfect for those teachers gifts I always seem to be scrambling to make on December 21st or so, so I'l be whipping sets of these up every week or so until I have enough. Famous last words. ;p

I'm particularly fond of this awesome, funky flower paper. Yum!!




Ok. That was the longest post ever for me.
I'm off to watch the rest of '21'... hope it's worth staying up for!















9 comments:

Candice August 11, 2008 at 1:36 AM  

Brrr. Gorgeous photos all the same. & I am in love w/that striped paper on the "thank you very much" card!

Anonymous,  August 11, 2008 at 2:10 AM  

Oh wow, it looks like you had a GREAT time in the cool, rainy weather. Your boys are AWESOME. :)
And the AC stuff... yummmmmm, I need to find a store that carries that stuff in Ottawa. Or maybe I'll just get you to put some of it in a pizza box for me the next time you're working! :D

HIME August 11, 2008 at 5:44 AM  

This is my first visit to your blog and I am loving your amazing work. I think I'll now have to be a frequent visitor! Lol!

Anonymous,  August 11, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

hannah TOTALLY spotted the rocket fishing rod in your pictures :)

hope all is wel melanie :)

Anonymous,  August 11, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

Wow, cool that your guys managed to have fun nonetheless!! They are great troopers. :)

Just love love love your cards. I went home with a big chunk of that new stuff in my bag on Friday night! LOL Now I have to find some time to actually use some of it up! LOL *sigh*

Claude August 11, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

Love your cards!

I bought quite a few AC products on Friday and used them right away!

Heather M. August 11, 2008 at 6:51 PM  

Your photos are amazing! It still looks like you guys had a great time. It's been such a cool summer here too - with the odd warm day.
Love the cards you made! I need some major inspiration to get some thank-you cards done before baby comes!

melissa deakin August 12, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

love these photos from your trip, mel.
they are just lovely despite the rain.
we have had awful weather here too. definitely not a great summer.
i am so in love with these cards. you rock, my friend.
is the strip of 'thanks' rub-ons? and what is the heart underneath? it looks fuzzy...i'd like to order some of those.
thanks, my friend!

KathyT August 13, 2008 at 12:51 PM  

Great photos, looks like a beautiful spot! Your cards are just gorgeous and I agree on the new paper, I love it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!