Every scrapper's nightmare.

 11 August 2008

My external hard drive bit the dust this morning. Bob's taking it to a dude now to see if they can recuperate the files. It's still under warranty, so that's good. And as it figures, I hadn't backed anything up since at least the beginning of summer, except for my Maine vacation photos, b/c I've just been too busy.
Crap, crap, crap.
I know, I'm an idiot.
Please say a little prayer for me that they can retrieve everything- I'm freaking out thinking about it.
Sick to my stomach is more like it. :(

16 comments:

Claude August 11, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

Oh no!!! That's so bad!

I'm not the praying kind but for you, I'll make an exception. I sure hope they retrieve everything!

Candice August 11, 2008 at 1:07 PM  

Mel! Ack! Excellent wake up call for me. I haven't backed up since spring. Hope it's all recovered!

Anonymous,  August 11, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

Mel, I've got my fingers crossed that they can recover all your files. UGH! :(

Anonymous,  August 11, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

Oh no, oh no, oh no!!! All fingers crossed for you. And making a point to burn a dvd when I get home tonight!

Heather M. August 11, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

Oh no! Oh man, that is one of my worst nightmares. I totally hope they can recover everything for you.

Leanne Stamatellos August 12, 2008 at 2:54 AM  

oh no - that's my worst nightmare and I spent last night burning all my images since January this year. I really hope all will be well.
Your time spent at the lake look fantastic - I'm off to check out the layout now. Great to see you blogging.

Leanne Stamatellos August 12, 2008 at 2:56 AM  

hey, I just spotted that you have me listed in your FRIENDS WHO BLOG - woohoo! Thanks and I love that layout of yours too.

melissa deakin August 12, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

oh mel,
i am so sorry.
i will say some prayers.
that is just awful.
once school starts in the fall, this is a must on my to-do list! i have been VERY bad about backing things up.
i've missed you and i hope all is well!

Ruth August 12, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

Mel,I hope you have luck recovering your photo's.
Even after all my computer problems can you believe I haven't backed up once,I have things sorted into files but need to work out how to use the DVD burner !!!

Anonymous,  August 13, 2008 at 8:21 AM  

sending you good vibes.
i'm sure they'll be able to repair your computer.
i totally know the feeling.
mine crashed a few months ago.
sending you good vibes...

KathyT August 13, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

I hope they can recover it. I have been completely delinquent in backing up since June, off to do that now.

Anonymous,  August 13, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

That totally sucks Mel! I hope the techs can work some miracles and recover everything. We had to have it done once and they were able to recover quite a bit of stuff so here's hoping it works for you! And with that...I should really get my pics off my laptop and onto my external HD!

waleska August 15, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

hi Melanie! I'm sorry about your hard drive!! I hope they're able to fix it/ get your pics... :(

Anonymous,  August 17, 2008 at 10:38 PM  

ACKKKKKKK! I lost all mine too. But it was more than a summer's worth. More like a couple of years. Yah, I'm a dummy. I sure hope they can retrieve yours! Fingers crossed!

Ash August 18, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

Hi Mel, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I spoke to my boyfriend and unfortunately he's not that specialized in opening external hardrives... he would probably mess around with his own, but he wouldn't want to risk playing with yours. Sorry! I really hope that you can find someone else to try to recover the files, I have my fingers crossed for you :)

Anonymous,  August 19, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

This has happened to me before. I was able to get my files back but some technogeek charged me $1000 to do it.

Best of luck!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!