officially summer..
23 June 2008
tomorrow is St. Jean Baptiste day here in Quebec, and for me, it always marks the official start of summer. It's a provincial holiday, and there's lots of activities, fireworks, and a good excuse for drinking too. ;) We'll be taking in the fireworks tonight if the weather cooperates, and tomorrow we'll be lounging around the pool (once again, depending on if the darned rain ever decides to go away) and the temperature warms up. What's with the cold all of a sudden?? Argh!
I'm still cleaning my scrap mess, and hoping that by the weekend I will be able to sit in a very clean, organized space and actually be able to sit and make something.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with some quick cards I did for friends. And I've been fooling around with trying to make a banner after Candice put the bug in me, so please don't laugh too hard at my novice attempt. I'll keep trying!


9 comments:
I really like your banner Mel, much better than mine!
I love your new banner! And those cards are just gorgeous!
I love the banner & the cards!
i love the banner - looks very restful!
and those cards are gorgeous especially the mr/mrs one.
Seriously cute cards! And strange enough, St Jean Baptiste day is marked in my calendar! ;) See? I'm international... Hee hee! Party on my friend, party on!
Your cards are just gorgeous Mel! I love their rafined simplicity. :) Love your banner too! You are so hard on yourself... :P
Cute cards! And the banner is awesome!
Happy beginning of summer! :D
I'm glad you'll have the summer off. Enjoy your time with the boys.
And for the record, you make the most beautiful cards... such LOVELY use of product.
love the banner...great job =) and those cards are so cute! sounds like a fun way to start the summer!
Post a Comment