so much to do, so little time...
27 June 2008
My guys are going to their annual Cub camp out for the weekend starting tomorrow, so I'll have 4 glorious *( 3 really, since I'll be at work Saturday) days alone this weekend. It's a long weekend here again with Canada day weekend coming up. I love this time of year. :) So much to do outside, lots of festivities, and a general feeling of vacation is setting in now. Ahhh. I'm hoping to take in a few free concerts at the International Jazz Festival which kicked off today. It's such an amazing atmosphere downtown while this is going on. If you've never experienced it, I HIGHLY recommend booking a trip here to see it at least once in your life- it's amazing!
So far this week:
we attended some St.Jean Baptiste festivities the other night. The kids loved it- there were fireworks, music and ice cream ( but too many drunk and stupid teenagers for me, lol!) and they stayed up way past 11 pm. What's more fun for a kid than that? And that old fashioned Quebecois fiddle music just gets me every time. It's very quaint and kind of touristy, but it works on this particular day.
Swimming lessons for the kiddos started this week at our neighbourhood pool. I LOVE this pool. I'm feeling the need to do a mini album about said pool, b/c it's just so dear to my heart. When I took the kids for their first swim of the season last week on opening weekend, I actually did a little jig. I remember walking through the park in the dead of this winter, with all the tons of snow we had, and gazing longingly at the pool... summer seemed so far away then! It's an amazing community pool , very small, very intimate, and it felt so good to see all these cool people, most of whom I haven't seen much of since the closing last August. It's pretty much my social life for the summer, and I'm looking forward to fun times there this season. The gang we've got there is great, and I wonder why the heck we don't hang out in the winter too.
Signed the boys up for a summer reading program at our local library. They're psyched, b/c there are games, prizes and cool stuff involved. I'm just grateful that they'll have something fun to work toward ( there's a neato photo contest too for the Moms) and we always really enjoy a trip there. I could spend an entire day just looking through all the good stuff they've got ( apart from every book you'd ever want to read) .I will be renting somefreebie movies and hoping to expand my musical knowledge with the enormous CD library they've got there. Love that part. :)
Tomorrow I'm meeting up with my friend Danielle, who some of you may know better as the very talented Daniellemarieclaire from 2Peas. I usually don't have time to spend with her b/c I'm always working when she comes into town and shops at the store, so this will be a treat for me to be able to sit and talk with her for more than a few minutes here and there.
Here's my latest layout. Pretty darned basic, but I like how it turned out for the most part. I often admire other people's more elaborate and technique-y stuff, but I honestly really love a simple page best of all. :)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:
What a wonderful picture you've painted of your neighbourhood pool. I love it, and yes, I think you need to do a mini album on that! :)
Say hi to Danielle for me! I haven't seen her in ages and hope to visit with her in the coming weeks.
Je l'adore cette page,elle m'a interpellée dès que je suis arrivée sur ton blog! la photo des enfants est superbe, la petite étoile juste à sa place et les petites mains sont à croquer!
Love the clean and simple pages best all the time. Say hi to Danielle for me.
The jazz festival sounds awesome. Now why don't we live in the same country?? It would be way more fun as we're doing swim lessons & summer reading, too. Enjoy your quiet time. Sounds glorious.
Oh, how lovely to catch up with Danielle - I miss her alot - we did a swap a while ago - a layout of her son Raphael and one of my son Ethan - she is a really beautiful friend. Hope you get this message in time to send my hello's. Enjoy your few days with just your husband - you won't know yourself!
Oh, and love the LO as seen on SS site.
Enjoy your time alone!! Sounds wonderful!!!
What a beautiful layout!!
Great layout! I love the B&W photo with the bright colours!
I hope you are having a great relaxing quiet weekend! Sounds like you are going to be busy this summer!
love that layout. i agree, simple is the best ;)
hope you're enjoying your weekend. we've been doing much of the same w/the library & swimming too.
I enjoyed our time together, Mel : it was lovely to just sit and chat and sip from our respective drinks ! :) Hoping to be able to do this again this summer !
Danielle
xoxo
Oh my goodness! That layout is phenomenal! Definitely my new fave of yours!
Post a Comment