Historic...
04 June 2008
I was thrilled to see this headline on the front page this morning:
OBAMA MAKES HISTORY

Even though I'm Canadian, I've been following the race for the presidency for months with great interest, and reading the paper this morning ( I was out the entire day and evening yesterday, so I didn't hear the news), it actually brought a tear to my eye.
I have great hope that Obama will bring a much needed breath of fresh air to world politics. I believe in this man, I sense that he's honest and forthright, and really does want to be the change. And that is uplifting.
I'm going to talk to my boys tonight to try to convey to them the enormity of this. I'm not sure they'll understand, but my hope is that in years to come they will realize they were there when history was made.
5 comments:
i agree.
Melanie-
I totally agree with what you said & sadly with all that is going on in my life, your post was the first I have heard that Obama clinched the nomination (and I live in NY!)
I just wanted to thank you for your concern about my daughter (I just read it in your comments at SS Studio) She is doing MUCH better after her 1st chemo treatment 1 week ago. It was one hell of a week :(
Thank you again, you are so kind,
Jody (aka Winks)
YAY! isn't it the best thing EVER!!! i am thrilled myself that he is making history. we needed it! WOOHOO for Obama...too bad you are living in Canada, b/c we'd be celebrating :-)
So true... history is being made. I'm pretty excited about it too.
And yes, I would talk to my boys about the significance of this event, only they are a bit young and still live in the innocent world where they don't see skin colour. In fact, it wasn't long ago that my boys were surprised to learn that they were half-Chinese... and they couldn't figure out who in our family was Chinese. lol
Comment ne pas être d'accord avec ce que tu as écrit?! Il me semble que ce grand homme est vraiment celui qui peut apporter un peu de bon sens au monde politique. Comme toi, je crois en lui!
Post a Comment