dog days of summer

 08 June 2008

Meet my dog, Lily.


The past few days have been all of a sudden sweltering here, and she's beside herself. She's just SO uncomfortable. She hadn't even begun to shed her winter coat yet until 2 days ago when the temp skyrocketed into the 30's. This is her this afternoon- she's looked pretty much like this 24/7 the past few days with her giant tongue hanging out, panting like crazy. I made an appointment for this coming Thursday ( after much back and forth about it) to get her shaved for summer because...

1.- I don't want to deal with the fur situation all over the house- UGH! It's nasty folks, trust me.
and 2.- I really do think she'll be so much more comfortable. Who cares if she looks like a shorn sheep? ;p I know she'll be grateful to be cool, even if she's a tad embarrassed about how she'll look.
I'll be sure to post before and after pics!

Some more pics from the weekend...


Noah and our neighbour friend having a swing this afternoon in the backyard.


I love Noah's expression here.... and look at those eyes- he's already got girls on his tail, this kid.




One of Noah and Bob... Love how he's looking at his Dad. Pure adoration at this age. :)




Here's one of my sweetie Bobby.. looking very grown-up. *sigh*.
And note the Ipod earbuds, they're pretty much there on a permanent basis these days.



Some bachelor's buttons from my garden- their colours are so amazing!





And last but not least, a layout I did Friday night. It's not what I was going for at all, but it's done, and since I am not the most prolific scrapper, I'm moving on instead of re-doing it. ;) This is my niece, who bears a very striking resemblance to Noah. It's almost freaky how alike they are, almost like siblings. I haven't seen her since she was a baby, and I am always amazed when I get pics from my brother.





That's it folks.. I have a busy week ahead, so I'm putting this all into one post since I probably won't have time for the blog. 2 more weeks of school and work ahead, and then it's va-cay-shon!





































10 comments:

Anonymous,  June 9, 2008 at 6:06 AM  

Your boys are incredibly handsome. And you have an amazing eye for photography. :)

Poor Lily. I hope she feels better after her haircut. According to the forecasters, it's going to continue being hot-hot-hot for the next little while.

Great LO, btw. I love what you did with the BOLD patterned paper. I have a difficult time with that stuff... doesn't prevent me from buying it though. lol

Anonymous,  June 9, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

Wow! Gorgeous pictures! They are so crisp!!!

You are so right, even before I read about the resemblance between your niece and your boy I was telling myself the same thing. :) I love what you did with this pp. Was that part of your latest big box? Yummy! Love it! :)

I hear you on the shedding! One of my cats is long haired and I'm thinking of doing the same to him!

juliescrapbook June 9, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

You have beautiful children!!

Candice June 9, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

Okay, it is bizarre how much she looks like Noah! Love love the photos! Enjoy the warm-it's still really cool here :(.

Candice June 9, 2008 at 1:44 PM  

p.s. Gorgeous LO as always

peg manrique June 9, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

that looks just like our new puppy...the poor things!

your boys are definite lady killers...you better watch out ;-)

and of course, love your layout...you're so good!

Anonymous,  June 10, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

there are days when i want to shave off my hair because of the heat. i can't imagine how hot lily is...poor doggie.
love the layout.
love the pix.
you're good.
real good.

Leanne Stamatellos June 10, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

stunning LO Mel - yesw, she definately looks like Noah - what a sweetheart!

melissa deakin June 11, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

hi mel,
i love seeing all these photos.
your boys are so beautiful...just like their momma.
i LOVE that layout and your niece totally looks like noah...incredible!
thinking of you and missing you, my friend!

Emily Pitts June 12, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

a. glad i'm not a dog
b. good idea on the shaving idea
c. your boys are gorgeous
d. it is a little freaky how much your neice looks like noah
e. it's a cute layout.
f. have a fun rest of school

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!