Weekend goodness...

 16 June 2008


Father's day weekend was good- the weatherman was wrong, (surprise!) and we ended up having hot and humid weather with no rain, except for a magnificent hail storm last night around suppertime that lasted about 20 minutes before the sun came out again. No biggie, it cooled things off nicely.
Saturday am, the Cubs had a car wash to raise money for their troop, and the kids had a blast. Seriously, give a boy a hose, and he's in paradise. My guys LOVE playing in water, and even after 4 hours of washing cars, they wanted to keep going. I'm not sure how much money they actually ended up raising, but they sure had fun. That's my car they're working so hard on in the pics.

And after the car wash, we headed to an amazing warehouse sale at Clarins, the French cosmetic company, where I scored this:

My beloved perfume, at the rock bottom price of 65$, which is incredible, since the bottle alone is worth at least twice that in the department stores, and it's not something you can find everywhere. I was so seriously giddy when I saw it sitting there that I actually broke into a sweat. In retrospect, I should have grabbed two, but there's another sale in October and I think I'll be good until then. I got a lot of yummy Clarins stuff too since the prices were incredible- it was too good to resist even though I totally busted my set budget. Bob decided to go in after I was done ( kids under 12 weren't allowed in, so he was waiting outside with them) and he scored some good man perfume for himself. Now maybe he'll leave my Eau d'Hadrien alone. ;p
I went ahead and got the dog shaved Thursday. So, after not even recognizing her when we went to pick her up, I was really regretting it, but it's growing on me. I'm not sure I'll ever do it again though, at least not this drastic. Her colour is already starting to come back (she was white blonde underneath all that fur- who knew?) and I think she actually looks kind of cute, not to mention the fact that she's way more comfortable now. Weird looking maybe, with a two-toned head and body, but it doesn't seem to fizz her. ;p
She looks like a hardened criminal of the canine variety in the after pic here, but it's really not so bad.

Nothing scrappy to share today. I did a layout for SS over the weekend that I really love, but I can't post it here. And I have so many pics to scrap since I've been taking over 100 or so /day the past while, so hopefully after this week, I can get to it. I have 1 week left of work, and then I'm off for the summer with the kids. Yeah! I'll be poor, but relaxed, hehe. Today is my last official 'alone' day before the kids are finished on Friday, so I want to enjoy my last bit of freedom. It's the end of peace and quiet for the next 2 months!
eta: I'm starting to hate Blogger. It won't let me format the text, so the big run-on paragraph is not intentional, I swear. And the pics, I still haven't been able to figure out why they won't enlarge when clicked on. Can someone help me? I'm really not blog savvy, I'm afraid.




5 comments:

juliescrapbook June 16, 2008 at 2:50 PM  

Love the before and after. A total makeover. You had a great bargain on the perfume. That's always exciting. The boys should have come my way, my car needs a good scrubbin'!!

Heather M. June 16, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

Sounds like a great weekend! My daughter LOVES water too - maybe we can use it to our benefit and get her to wash our car when she's older! LOL! In my dreams, right?!
Great deal on the perfume! That's awesome!
ENJOY your last few days of quiet!

Jessica June 17, 2008 at 6:17 PM  

Good deal on the perfume! I can't believe you broke into a sweat. hahaha

Candice June 17, 2008 at 10:56 PM  

hooray for your perfume! :)

& your dog still looks cute. the hair will grow back.

p.s. awesome pictures-you always take such gorgeous everyday shots.

Anonymous,  June 18, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

Love your pictures of the carwash!
Your dog doesn't look so bad. I'm sure her fur will grow back with more colour soon enough.
As for the blogger questions... no help here! Good luck. lol

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!