Happy Birthday to me..
15 April 2008

I won't mention how old I am here, so don't bother asking! Suffice it to say that I'm at that age where I don't want to discuss numbers. :p And with this nasty virus/bug/arthritis thing I've come down with, I actually feel about 40 years older than I should. Yes folks, I'm a good example of why you should always go to the doctor when you feel under the weather.
I woke up Saturday am with my joints swollen beyond belief, and a red rash all over my arms. I couldn't close my hands or make a fist and I was so exhausted I could barely walk. Needless to say, I freaked out and called my good friend and neighbour, who drove me to the clinic. I was a basket case. I was told I have a bacterial infection of some sort, probably due to my sinus woes from a few weeks ago, and they put me on antibiotics for 10 days. It seems to be helping, but I'm still very stiff and arthritic when I wake up, and it lasts for a good 2 or 3 hours. Today I'm not feeling as good as yesterday , so if it's not better than this tomorrow, I will be going back for blood tests and whatnot. But other people have told me they've had this, and it goes away with time. I am praying it's fast! Please send me some healthy vibes instead of birthday wishes if you would.. I sure could use them right now. Have a mentioned that I'm a total hypochondriac, and have been having all sorts of awful thoughts running through my head for the past few days? NOT good!! My hubby is away on business, so I've decided to take a few days off of work, to relax and get better. I just want to feel my age again, and not 80, kwim?
I won't be having a cake, but I thought this one was kind of cool. I'll be taking the kids to Dairy Queen after supper, ( take out from my fave pizzeria) and we'll have Blizzards to celebrate. :)
And then it's hockey night in Canada baby! GO HABS!!!
14 comments:
good morning, mel! i just discovered your blog. very nice and i hope you feel better.
olga
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MEL
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!
Hey you!
I was just thinking that your birthday must be coming up soon and here it is!
I hope you have good day and enjoy pizza, blizzards, hockey and maybe have a glass of wine? :)
Sorry you have been so sick....sounds awful and I am hoping for speedy recovery for you!
Best wishes on your bday Mel and a truck load of healthy vibes for a quick and painless recovery to your real self.
I've heard that DQ has good healing powers... ;P
C'est à ton tour, chère Mélanie,
De te laisser parler d'amour !
C'est à ton tour, chère Mélanie,
De te laisser parler d'amour !!!
Bonne fête, Mel !
Danielle
xoxoxoxo
Happy bday cute girl! & hope you're feeling better soon. Ick.
Have fun!!
oh mel. I'm so sorry you still don't feel well. I hope that you start feeling better soon and you are able to enjoy your birthday with your boys.
dairy queen sounds really good right now but i'm still trying to get the baby weight off :P
Happy Birthday, my friend!
Oh, wow...I feel so badly that you are not feeling better. I will keep you in my prayers.
I too am a hypochondriac when I get sick. I actually have a 'well' visit for a physical next week. I need to be better about that.
Thinking of you and sending birthday and well wishes your way!
I'm rooting for the Habs just for you!
bon anniversaire! ;)
Hope you feel better soon.
xoxox
Lain
Mmmmm... cake! What a gorgeous one you chose to post here too. I'm going to send the link to my dh and tell him this is the model I want for my big milestone birthday coming up this year. ;)
Seriously though, I hope you enjoyed your day. Did you make it out to DQ? Yummmm...
Get well soon, Mel!
i'm so sorry that you aren't feeling any better. i hope you had an ok day. feel better!
Hey, that cake is positively amazing. When I come see you, I will make you one just like it! You believe me, right? ;)
wow! I was blog stalking and found you off of Melissa Deakin! Happy Birthday, we share the same b-day! Hope you feel better soon!
oh mel, i'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. :( i hope you're feeling much better now!
and happy birthday to you!!!! :)
Happy Birthday!
I knew I liked you, you fellow Aries, you.
And now that I've found your blog, I'll visit more often.
Post a Comment