birthday week continues..

 05 April 2008

We're still in full birthday mode here. I just finished baking a cake for tomorrow's party of 12 kids ( give or take, I've lost count. ). They'll be doing an obstacle course here.. http://www.fortangrignon.qc.ca/, ( not sure how to do one of those direct link things) and it promises to be a blast. I just hope I can keep up with all those screaming kids given I am still feeling like crap. I need to go to the doctor either tomorrow after the party or 1st thing Monday, since I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection, and can barely muster up enough energy to get out of bed the past 2 days. Have I mentioned I hate going to the doctor? I have white coat syndrome, and even the thought of sitting in a waiting room filled with sickos makes me tremble. I've been feeling progressively worse the past week, and I know it's inevitable that I have to go. Gotta suck it up!

As promised, here's a pic of Bobby opening up his Ipod on Thursday night:

He was obviously pretty thrilled with it, but I think even more so with this present, from Noah:





a Webkinz snake. Which just proves my theory that even though he's now 11, he's still got some baby left in him. ;)


I'll leave you with a layout I did last week and had posted at SS, but their site went crazy, and now all my layouts have mysteriously disappeared. I'm not sure they'll be able to fix that one!














































12 comments:

Anonymous,  April 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM  

I LOVE those birthday photos... they really capture his true personality. You've got a great knack for that, Mel.

Sorry to hear about your LOs at SS. Hopefully they'll figure something out. :S It's a great page you designed though. I love it.

Btw, I love the one that's in the May/June issue of the mag. Gonna lift that one, as soon as I can clear off enough space to scrap on my messy desk.

melissa deakin April 6, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

happy birthday to Bobby!
i hope the party goes well.
i love how much he loved his presents!
i hope you are feeling better real soon.
we all have post-nasal yuckiness here...luke being the worst, so we will probably be visiting the doc as well.
that layout is gorgeous, mel! i love it.
i hope all is well!

Anonymous,  April 7, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

love the layout (as always).
happy birthday to bobby :)

-moon

Anonymous,  April 7, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

Gorgeous layout Mel!
And love the photos of Bobby and his gifts :)
Feel better!
and today, I was flipping through Simple at B/N and omgosh....your layout 10 years being a dad.....to die for! LOVED it so much. I am so proud of you! You've always been such an amazing scrapper and I literally broke out in a huge grin when I saw that....cause hey...that's my friend Mel.

Kelly Noel April 9, 2008 at 2:25 PM  

i hope you're feeling better now...did you make it to the doctor?
that bday place looks FUN!
and the layout...so perfectly you...love every bit of it! :)

peg manrique April 9, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

hope you're feeling better. i hate going to the doctor too, ugh! love that LO....so perfect =)

Anonymous,  April 9, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

Happy Birthday to your bobby :) LOVE that layout. WOW! xo

Candice April 11, 2008 at 6:45 PM  

Sam said he's a lucky (jealous of the Webkinz). :)

margaret April 14, 2008 at 2:13 AM  

Happy (belated) Birthday to Bobby...can't believe he's already 11! Hope he's having fun with both of his awesome gifts! :)

(ps-the layout is beautiful!)

Anonymous,  April 14, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

Hey! I didn't know (or remember *oops*) that you had a blog... Happy belated bday to Bobby! :) Love his face opening the Ipod! Got a similar reaction from Laetitia when she opened hers at Christmas! LOL I hope that he enjoys it as much as she does. :)

I hope that you feel better very soon! Take care!

Anonymous,  April 16, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

Ohmygosh, he is so cute! Happy belated birthday to Bobby. And to you. Hee hee. Love the expression on his face when getting the iPod. Ah, to be straddling the little/big boy world.

Your layout totally blows me away. I'm not just saying it. It's really awesome!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!