comfort food

 28 March 2008



I haven't been sick once all winter, and I guess I must have somehow cursed myself talking/bragging about it, because the other day, I came down with a whopper of a headcold. Sneezing, wheezing, and coughing along with the body aches and pains. And yes, I do tend to moan and groan alot. ;p

As is usually the case when I'm ailing with a cold or flu, I totally lose my appetite for everything except for this- Lipton's chicken noodle soup. It's something I've eaten since I was a child, and now my kids love it too. With lots of soda crackers, of course! One of the perks of having a hubby who works for Unilever is that I have a never ending supply of the stuff in my cupboard, and that made me pretty happy yesterday when I was feeling miserable and sorry for myself.
I'm bogged down with assignments over the weekend, and I need to just hole myself up in my room until they're done. Wish me luck, b/c it's hard to scrap when you'd rather be in bed!

7 comments:

Anonymous,  March 29, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

Cool !!!!!!!!!!! Tu as un blog, maintenant !!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ce n'est pas du tout agréable d'avoir le rhume. Je te comprends pour la soupe Lipton's car c'est ce que je mangeais quand j'étais toute petite et que j'étais malade. Comfort food for sure ! It brings back so many memories !

Je t'envoie une cargaison d'ondes créatives afin que tu puisses nous éblouir de nouveau avec quantités de nouvelles pages et petits livres ! :)

xoxo

Danielle C.L.

Anonymous,  March 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

aw, mel. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you get better soon because the selfish side of me wants to see more of your fabulous layouts :)
I love lipton's soup too...mmm mmm good!

-moon

Anonymous,  March 29, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

Sorry to hear you're sick. :( I'm glad you have some good soup though.

Good luck with your assignments. It sucks to have deadlines that can't wait for you to regain your health. I'm sure whatever you create, cold or no cold, will be beautiful though. Somehow, you'll find a way to pull it off.

Anonymous,  April 1, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

awwww
i hope you feel better mel!
miss you!

Candice April 1, 2008 at 11:40 PM  

:(. Here's hoping you get some scrapbook mojo despite the ick. Can't imagine that you need it, tho-your stuff is always amazing :).

peg manrique April 2, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

mmm, love that soup too. hope you're feeling better real soon =)

Anonymous,  April 14, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

Another Lipton soup lover over here! And I've passed the tradition to the girls too! Looks like there will always be a demand for that chicken noodle soup!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!