Always a bridesmaid...

 12 April 2010



I thought I'd share my cover version for the latest issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today. It's a wonderful Canadian magazine, very professionally done, and (gasp!) free of charge. If you haven't seen it in hard copy, you can download it on the above link- you won't be disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised to get an email from Crystal back in December, asking me to try out for the cover. I did several cover attempts during my years at Simple Scrapbooks, and alas, none of them made it to that coveted spot on the magazine. So, I wasn't too surprised when this one didn't make it either, lol... but it was an honour to be asked. In retrospect, it was probably a little TOO simple, but it's my style, and I was happy with it!

Hope you're having a gorgeous Monday!~

16 comments:

Jody April 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Well, the one they chose better be a doozy because your page is simply perfect :)

Sam April 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

This is so cute Melanie. The bright colors, the layout...everything. I love it. I could really get into this whole scrapbooking thing..... if only there were about 15 more hours in the day, huh?

Sam

Tacha April 12, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

C'est magnifique, mille bravo

nicole s April 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

Definitely not too simple!!! We will never compromise our style for a cover!! It's very lovely. :)

KathyT April 12, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

Isn't 'too simple' an oxymoron?? I think your take on it is gorgeous, and you're right, it is a fab magazine!

Shannon Davey April 12, 2010 at 11:02 PM  

Too simple, there isn't such a thing. It is perfect. And isn't there a lot of us simple scrappers out there who would pick up the mag because of that cover?

Barb April 13, 2010 at 2:40 PM  

I love your version of the cover LO, Mel. Your work is always lovely and inspiring... don't ever change, okay? :)

Leanne Stamatellos April 15, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

absolutely perfect in every way - great to see a layout from you ... now I need to get stuck into things!

famille1999 April 19, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

Just love your take on this. It's too bad that they didn't chose yours 'cause it looks awesome.

Ann Costen April 22, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

Hey Mel, I absolutely LOVE your birthday page! It's PERFECTION! I'm so glad you're back to blogging and scrapping, I've missed you!

Jennifer May 22, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

hi there! love this page... and your one on AC!

France Ringuette May 31, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

Just beautiful ! I love this page...

Whatever Dee-Dee wants June 9, 2010 at 12:06 AM  

That birthday girl card is amazing. I love it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!