Occupied and obsessed..

 03 November 2008

Against my better judgment, I started reading this book over the weekend...





I say that because I'm not really the type to read bestseller- hyped books, but I gotta say, it's got me hooked pretty badly. It's got kind of a cheesy storyline, and I'm sure feminists everywhere are up in arms over the Bella character, but it's a book you just can't stop reading once you start. I sought out the trailer for the movie tonight, because I was curious if they chose people I envisioned as Bella and Edward, and heck, they did a pretty good job from the 45 seconds I saw. I'll probably be counting the days for the movie to come out once I'm done the book, which will be soon if I continue reading until the wee hours of the morning like I have been.




Tomorrow is election day for our American neighbours, and I'm SOOO excited. You all already know my preference for Pres, and I'll be nervously and anxiously checking the www tomorrow at work for updates, and glued to the tv tomorrow night for the results. I don't think I've ever been this worked up about an election, and I can feel it's gonna be good. :)


I want to share this page about my Dad that's in the latest SS. (He'd be a Democrat too, if we were American, ;p) I'm not sure if I've gotten a better scan that what was in the mag, but it wasn't that clear. I don't normally scrap heritage pics, but getting this documented meant a million to my Dad, and I love how it turned out. Thanks to Elizabeth Dillow for that push. :) The photo you see on there is the original, deckle scissor border and all. ;) I haven't shown it to my Dad in the mag yet, but I know he's gonna blubber when he sees it. He's an emotional old guy, God love him.

Here's a recent photo of him today:




Enjoy your week, & HAPPY VOTING to my American pals! :)

10 comments:

Erin November 3, 2008 at 10:55 PM  

Mel! I've been meaning to tell you how much I love that page. Awesome that you have that picture and were able to get the story recorded. :)

Anonymous,  November 3, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

Mel, you got sucked into the world of vampires too?! Yikes!

I love that LO you did for the heritage article. I love that your dad loves it too. He looks awesome in that current photo. What a great photo!

Candice November 3, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

oh no-I've been so proud of myself for having not read the Twilight books, but I may have to break down & read them. :)

LOVE the LO about your dad.

Leanne Stamatellos November 4, 2008 at 1:52 AM  

well you have me emotional after reading that page Melanie - your father is going to love it - well done!

candice12 November 4, 2008 at 7:07 AM  

bonjour Mel,

quelle précieuse page et quelle belle histoire ! les premières lignes de ton journaling me font penser à l'histoire de mon mari, qui, lui, a quitté le Québec pour l'Europe, laissant parents et deux frères aussi. Mais c'est une époque différente où les moyens de communication et de transport sont plus aisés, ça n'implique donc pas le même renoncement que pour ton père.

Anonymous,  November 4, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

see? i told ya it was good and i have to agree with some of the cheesiness, but then i realize it was written for young adults :)
beautiful layout. i saw it in SS a few weeks ago.
talk soon!

Heather M. November 4, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

love your new banner! :)
and that layout is so awesome!

peg manrique November 4, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

love that layout, mel. you give heritage a whole new twist ;)

i don't want to know anymore about that book, i've been trying not to get sucked in, lol!

Anonymous,  November 4, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

I've been wondering about the Twilight book myself....Love your layout! Classic and stylish (as always)!! I hope your Dad loves it!

Christine Campbell November 5, 2008 at 10:42 PM  

LOVED TWILIGHT TOO!! Not normally my thing either but I fell for it, hook, line and sinker. LOL.
I borrowed the first book from a friend then bought the entire set from Amazon. :) Movie starts in 14 days, 22 hours and 19 minutes. Ya, just a bit obsessed LOL. Actually I got an email tonight that said some theatres are showing it at 10:00 thursday night first. I can't convince my friend to come with me as it's a 'school/work night' so we'll definitely go friday night. Can't wait!!
Christine

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!