early (*gasp*) & easy Christmas project
10 November 2008
I've wanted to do one of these advent calendars for years now, and probably should have done it when my boys were younger, but I'm that kind of 'late to the party' mother, what can I say? I do have the best of intentions, if that counts for anything...
I did up this Karen Foster calendar up for a class I'm giving on Wednesday, and I really like how cute it turned out. Of course, I used my favourite AC Christmas stuff. It's fun & bright, and kid-ish right? I think my dudes will definitely enjoy it better than those cheap-o chocolate calendars I usually end up buying every year. I've also decided to put a ban on anything edible that's made in China , since hearing about those poor babies dying from drinking milk contaminated with melamine REALLY freaked me out. :( And I'm pretty sure those calendars are made in China, so my timing here is good.
I'm off to clean the old scraproom once again.. and hoping to get started on my December calendar, ala Ali Edwards. I got her new book over the weekend, and it's just beautiful, so I'm inspired to put together some fast little albums I've had lying around forever. No pressure stuff.
Happy Monday y'all!

14 comments:
That calendar turned out SUPER cute, Mel! I always have great intentions of doing crafty holiday stuff for the kids but I never follow through :p
Love you calendar,you know we were eying it up at the store the other day :)
Have never bought anything food related that was made in China,that's one rule I've always had...............I'm lucky my Mum brought Cadbury's ones over for the boys on her last visit!
WOW! I just adore that advent box! Girl, you are talented!
I love your calendar! I love the AC stuff. If I lived in your city, I would sooooooo be taking your class this week. :)
As for the December album, I'm starting to feel the itch to try it. I too have a zillion mini albums, and I've proven that I can scrap without overthinking it... but really, unless I can finish up the 8x8 gift album (all but the December pages), I can't take on another project just yet. *sigh*
Looks great! I'm itching to do one of these myself. (and Ali's December mini-book project, but I don't think that will happen for me this year)
It looks awesome, like everything else that you make missy! :) I saw it yesterday at SC when I went to pick-up my page protectors and a couple of other things... ;P
I bought Laura Secord ones for the girls this year, so I'm good too. :)
that is stinkin' adorable, mel.
i love it.
and to think i was just about to buy an advent calendar for the girls from starbucks.
again, really cute!
Waouwwwwwwww
It's really beautiful.
Sorry for my english, I am french !!!
Tout à fait superbe, Mel ! Combien de temps est-ce que ça t'a pris pour le faire en entier ? Ca me tente de le faire (si jamais je peux trouver ces boîtes !) mais ce serait pour des mots d'affection et des pensées positives que chaque membre de ma famille s'écrirait et laisserait dans les petites boîtes au lieu d'y découvrir chocolats et autres friandises.
J'ai hâte de zieuter tes mini-livres inspirés par le nouveau livre d'Ali.
Danielle
It's lovely! And I would love to make one too! Put it on my to-do list!
That is SO cute! I love it!
Hey Mel,
do you of anywhere that still have these in stock? I'd love to do one for my best friend for xmas??
thanks,
Christine
oh wow, mel.
this advent calendar totally rocks.
the boys are going to love it.
you did an awesome job!
:)
this turned out amazing, melanie!
Post a Comment