Thirteen...
07 July 2008
is the number of years I've been married today. I can remember so many things of that day in minute detail, and then again, so much that has completely gone out of my head forever, thanks to nerves and lack of sleep. I distinctly remember how terribly hot & humid it was that day, and that minutes before stepping outside into the limousine to go to the church, the heavens opened up and poured rain like I'd never seen before. I was so afraid the dress would be drenched and my hair ruined, but I managed to get into the car without a drop on me. I remember my Mother, coming into my bedroom that morning and hugging me, saying, 'wake up! you're getting married today'! I remember how I trembled as I walked down the aisle with my Dad, only to see my handsome groom waiting smiling for me at the end, and knowing I'd made the right choice. I remember my grandparent's faces, beaming with pride. I remember dancing with my Grandfather, my Gigi, and knowing that he was happy because he had always told me since I was a little girl that he wanted to dance with me at my wedding before he died. And our reception, that we worked so hard on making every little arrangement, right down to the napkins, went off without a hitch and was perfectly beautiful, except for a pesky fire alarm that went off for about 20 minutes during our meal. It was memorable, every little bit. Up until the birth of my children, it was the best day of my life.
The layout above is us on this day 13 years ago, kind of a staged photo, but cute, no? It was SO hot, and we were dying of thirst. Some kind soul took pity on us in the heat, and brought us each a coke, so the photographer snapped this pic of us toasting each other with our coke cans.
This was the first layout I ever had published, in BHG, back in 2005, and I still love it today. :)
13 years is a long time. I won't lie and say it's been all sunshine and roses, but for the most part, it's been great. A house, two beautiful children, and many mortgage payments later, I can honestly say to my husband- I did not choose poorly! ( sorry, it's an inside joke. ;p)
Love you. xoxoxo

11 comments:
Definately cute :)
Love this post Mel!
Aaaaaaaw, how sweet are you?! I love this post... I hope you'll scrap the journalling someday. And I love that LO, with the Coke cans! Congratulations on 13 years. Happy anniversary! :)
Happy anniversary Mel!!! Congratulations to both of you. And I remember that page! I had to laugh at the can of coke. :)
I hope that you had a great anniversary day.
Happy Anniversary to you and Bob!
I love that layout so much and I remember you sharing it with me.
I hope all is well...I miss you like crazy!
Hugs!
What a wonderful post! Happy Anniversary!
Love the layout!
Love this. & the LO is awesome. Look how gorgeous you two are-even just drinking cokes! :)
Happy Anniversary!!
Beautiful layout! Beautiful words! Happy anniversary!
aw...
so sweet!
happy anniversary to the both of you!
lovely post. happy day!
Mel, you're journalling has given me a lump in my throat - I can see why it was snapped up and published all those years ago - just beautiful and moment to remember. Love the joke too even if I may not really be getting it - heheheh!
Happy belated anniversary Mel! I remember this layout...but didn't realize it was your first pub. How neat! Anyways, Jack and I have been married 13 years too...this December will be 14! :)
Post a Comment