The mother of all Mother's days.

 04 May 2008

Happy belated Mother's Day to everyone! Hope yours was amazing and you all got to kick back and relax like I did yesterday.
I had a pretty cool day. Slept in until 9am, and went down to a great breakfast of homemade egg McMuffins and coffee, lovingly prepared by Bob and the kids. I think I foiled their plans of bringing me breakfast in bed, but honestly, I'm not a huge fan of eating in bed the minute I open my eyes. Call me weird, but I like sitting at a table when I eat.

I did some shopping later that morning with a friend, and came home to an empty house, ( kids and Bob were doing errands) so I sat outside reading 'The Digital Photography Book' while enjoying a coffee from Tim's. The sun was warm, and it felt good to sit and chill, since the day before, we spent 8 hours cleaning our basement and doing yard work, all the while watching our 2 kids and 4 of their friends who sort of all showed up at the same time. We had an impromptu picnic/party in the backyard at lunchtime for them, with hotdogs, pizza, gatorade, and popsicles, and they played outside for a full 8 hours. Let me tell ya, they slept like babies that night. ;p Nothing like some good old fashioned fresh air, it's magic stuff.

Anyways, back to my day... I scrapped a bit finally yesterday, because I was dying to try out my new Cutterpede Trimmer, and I ended up hacking up my layout when I was almost finished it, b/c I decided I wanted to back it on black cardstock. Mistake! Now, is there anything more frustrating than cutting crooked on a finished layout? Argh. I was all gung-ho about this trimmer b/c I thought I'd finally seen the end of crooked cuts, but I'm starting to think I have no idea how to really use a paper trimmer. IThe Cutterpede has a different cut line from my old Fiskars, and I'm thinking I should have practiced on some scrap paper before I attempted a cutting for the 1st time on a layout. Anyhow, I managed to salvage the page somewhat. but it's it's kind of a weird 11x 11.5 page. Needless to say, I will NOT be submitting this one anywhere.

As a lovely finish to a lovely day, Chef Bob cooked up some mean crab cakes accompanied by a green salad and a few glasses of Chardonnay. Yep folks, it's rough having a chef for a husband, what can I tell ya. After supper,we watched the hockey game, but my heart isn't in it the same since my Habs were eliminated a few weeks ago. Honestly, the whole city was depressed for days. I'm now rooting for Pittsburgh to win it, but it's kind of half-assed really. It's just not the same thrill when your team gets the boot.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I got some adorable homemade gifties from my boys- a beaded bracelet from Bobby ( handmade by him), a felt wallhanging /thermometer from Noah ( lol!) and a beautiful hibiscus tree from dh. And lots of adoration from my 3 boys, who really do love their Mom/wife. Here's the proof....


The photo is grainy because it was taken just before sunset, so the ISO was jacked up, but I love it, because I rarely get a good pic with the both of them. And you gotta love Noah's bowtie. He wore it the entire afternoon, in honour of Mother's Day. How cute is that?! The kid LOVES dress-up, it's hilarious. My Dad says he's going to be an actor, b/c he loves costumes so much.

I'll leave you with hacked up layout. It actually started out quite spacious, but I just kept cutting and cutting, and it got smaller and smaller.. Someone PLEASE send me tips on how to use a Cutterpede. I'd be very grateful. :)

Happy Monday!

eta: I have NO idea why my date at the top is wrong. Well, I do have an idea- I think it's because I deleted a post I had started on that day, and started this one in it's place, but now I can't change it? And if anyone can tell me why my pics aren't 'clickable' in this post, I'd love to know that too. ;p


















8 comments:

juliescrapbook May 12, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

Wow, sounds like you had a great day. I still think you should submit the LO. I love everything you do.
An admirer from afar,
Julie

Anonymous,  May 12, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

Well, I love that page, crooked or not!! LOL So, welcome to my world of trying to use a cutterped trimmer!!! This is why mine is sitting on a shelf at home and I'm still using my Fiskar and grumbling about the crooked linecuts! Can't figure out where to cut on this thing. So when you find someone to give you pointers on how to work yours, please forward them to me! ;D

Great looking pic of you and your boys! Can you believe that there wasn't actually one pic taken on Sunday. =(

Anonymous,  May 12, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

Sorry to hear about your trimmer frustrations. I am still stuck on my triple-track Fiskars. I found the secret to straight cuts is to replace the darned thing in a somewhat regular basis. Every two years, I buy a new one... and donate my old one, which still cuts, to someone who doesn't care if the edges are exactly 90 degrees. Anyway, your LO looks great, despite your trimmer mishap. I love the look of title. I need a product list, Mel! ;)

And yes, happy belated Mother's Day... I'm glad you had a good one! :)

Heather M. May 12, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

Sounds like a great Mother's Day!
I thought of you the night the Habs were eliminated! I was sad too (but probably not nearly as sad as you)!
I love the layout! It looks awesome! And I've yet to find a great trimmer (in my price range anyways) that trims small amounts off straight!

Anonymous,  May 12, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

first of all, happy mother's day to you too :)
secondly, I don't even know what a cutterpede is so i'm no help.
third, love the beautiful layout and photo of you and the boys, as always.
fourth, i had no idea your dh was a chef. i am literally green with envy. green, i tell ya!

Candice May 12, 2008 at 11:49 PM  

I was thinking... how could she have posted eight days ago & I'm just barely seeing it, lol.

Your Mother's Day sounds wonderful. You seem like such a fun, mellow mom. Glad it was great. & that bow tie is awesome!

I'm no help w/the cutter. I have my same old Fiskars. I saw your LO in the gallery & it's amazing. I never would've guessed you had probs cutting it.

Celeste May 13, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

adore the photo. the bowtie is a hoot!

nicole s May 21, 2009 at 2:42 AM  

Can't believe I missed this post at the time - how did that happen? Firstly, lovely photo of you two. Secondly, is your husband really a chef??? IS that what he does for a living? And thirdly, go pittsburgh! We are watching every game on cable, and Marc was a bit devastated when Washington got knocked out cause he loves Ovechkin. Now I think Detroit will win, but go penguins too.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!