Some Martha love...
20 April 2008

If you're like me and love Martha Stewart, you need to run out and buy this issue immediately. It's the annual colour issue, and it's gorgeous. Just the cover alone has my all time fave colour combination of turquoise and hot orange. There's lots more great colour combos inside, beautiful photos, and cool ads to be inspired by. I've been totally wanting to scrap all weekend because of it, and that's a good thing, because nothing much has inspired me since I started to get sick a few weeks ago. Now that I'm feeling better, I'm going to be keeping this issue beside my scrap table for a while. Say what you will about old Martha, ( ok, don't, because I'll get mad at you. :p) but she sure does have style and taste, and this issue is pure eye candy!
Have a great Sunday everyone! Now I have to get back to my own non Martha-ish reality, and finish scooping the dog poop in the backyard that's accumulated all winter.
Somehow I doubt that Martha has to deal with that job. :p
I hope to post some layouts later this week, finally. Be sure to check out Celeste's blog for a cool challenge, if you're in the mood for one!
16 comments:
I love looking at the things she does (martha), but I just can never bring myself to do them. maybe if I had a big, roomy fancy house with a huge spacious modern kitchen....
I'm new here and found your blog while looking for some good blogs to read!
I didn't know you had a blog! I'm so happy you commented on mine and now I can read yours!
That issue looks AWESOME! I am totally going to pick it up! Thanks for sharing!
Okay, my life is so un-Martha, it's just not funny. But I do like looking though the magazine. As long as I'm not feeling too disorganized or being hard on myself to begin with, I don't mind Martha... but on those days when I'm feeling incompetent to begin with... lol
I'm glad you're feeling better! :)
Hi Mel :)
miss you!
i just received this issue in the mail today.
i haven't even glanced at it.
usually, i have to peek at the 'good things' section, but it has been a busy afternoon.
i cannot wait to look at it now!
:)
love martha too.
must get issue.
but first must leave house.
hmmm...
maybe i can find it online.
:)
hope you're having a good day!
I think Martha is extremely talented if not a bit annoying :). Will have to check this issue out!
P.S. Love the challenge you posted on Celeste's blog!
i just can't bring myself to look at her magazine
my house is chaos and so far from anything martha it is painful!
:)
I let my subscription lapse sometime ago...but you're inspired me to re-subscribe. I love that woman. You know she and I have the same initals right? MKS! Sadly, that's where our similarities end, ha!
Hope you and the boys are doing well these days! :)
Yeah, I love that color combo, too. My bedroom is light blue and brown and maybe it's time we added some orange!
I love looking through her mag, but these days I prefer Real Simple.
I followed you over from Heather's blog, I'm a fan and had to say hi, and I just picked up that issue too, it's amazing - another Martha appreciator!
love that color combo...pretty much love anything with orange ;)
hope you're doing well!
i love that color combo, too! And I"m totally on board with Martha, though the recent "dog corpse" shots are just a little worrisome! (Did you see her blog??)
i've had this issue sitting in my pile.. thanks for the push to crack it open! =)
Thanks for the suggetions on new color combinations and sources for inspiration. Followed your link from 2 peas today and enjoyed all your creative posts.
Post a Comment