feeling lucky? :)

 17 March 2011






Hey All!
Welcome to another American Crafts bloghop, and Happy St. Patty's Day to you as well! I hope you're wearing a bit of green today, and are feeling the 'luck of the Irish' - I've got a fun little giveaway down below, so be sure to leave a comment for a chance to win some goodies.

For my bloghop layout, I decided to use the beautiful new line, 'Hello Sunshine', so I could scrap this summer photo of my  adorable niece. I'm going to frame this layout and send it to her, so there's a bit more 'stuff' on here than I would normally use, but I LOVE how it turned out!  'Hello Sunshine' is perfect for girly pages, as well as Spring & summer photos- the colours & designs are really fresh & vibrant.  And I'm so happy that AC has started to do patterned papers in Kraft- I've been using these a ton lately, I love, love, love them, as well as those totally cute perforated borders that are on all the papers. I'm really enjoying these new lines, they're all awesome.

 I fussy cut the clouds out of the 'Dandy' paper, used one of them as a journaling spot for my subtitle, and adhered it with dimensional dots above my title. The strip of tiny hearts is one of border strips I was talking about above, cute huh? :)  I added the felt tree ('Daybreak' Details) in my title in place of the 'i' in 'Skip' as I wanted some green there to recall the green trees in my photo. Another bit of cuteness. :) Finally, I adhered a little scrap of ribbon I had on my table to add some blue to the middle, and used some previously punched loopy border strips to my photo edges to make it stand out... I don't own this punch, but I'm thinking I need to buy it. It's a new Martha, and  uh, again... totally cute. Finally, I added some of the 'Sunbeam' paper butterflies to fill in the space above my journaling, et voila!
Now, to continue on your bloghop journey, next up in line is the talented Michelle Lanning, who I'm sure has something totally gorgeous whipped up for you.

Thanks for coming by!  Don't forget to leave a comment for a chance to win these pretty 'Details' rosette flowers, and I'll pick a winner on Sunday evening. 


  I'm also doing some Spring cleaning, so you'll get a few other extra things tossed in there as well. ;)
Happy Hopping!

ETA: I'll leave this open until 8pm EST tonight, and draw a name shortly after. Thank you for all the wonderful comments!

135 comments:

molitva March 17, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

That is such a fun and cheery layout! I love it, especially the clouds! <3 Thanks for a chance to win and for the blog hop!

Amanda Johnson March 17, 2011 at 12:17 PM  

This LO is amazing!!! I love the colors, the dimension, and how fun it is!! Thanks for sharing and thanks for a chance to win!!

Viji Siddharth March 17, 2011 at 12:23 PM  

beautiful and fun layout!love how dimensional it is!thanks for sharing and the chance to win!

wendyp March 17, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

what a gorgeous layout! love those butterflies!!!

Christi March 17, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

adorable layout! thanks for the chance to win.

Unknown March 17, 2011 at 12:38 PM  

this is sooo cute and adorable, my favourite thing I've seen on the hop

Michela March 17, 2011 at 12:43 PM  

I love your LO!!!Thanks for this opportunity!
Miky

Karen Williams March 17, 2011 at 12:46 PM  

love the tree used as an I super cute

Mo March 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM  

Yay! Thanks for the giveaway!

Anonymous,  March 17, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

love love love this page....so cute

Mom Cheryl March 17, 2011 at 1:10 PM  

I love the photo on your layout. You've coordinated everything so well. Thanks for the chance!

cindy March 17, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

Seeing this layout makes me wish I had some of my 80's photos left to scrapbook. So beautifully nostalgic!

Unknown March 17, 2011 at 1:14 PM  

The colours are gorgeous!

Melissa March 17, 2011 at 1:18 PM  

Oh, your layout is so pretty! Makes me just want to run outside with my furbaby and play. :)

Tina March 17, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

your layout is so nice and I love the colors !!!

kate blue March 17, 2011 at 1:26 PM  

love how happy this is-great to place your handwriting on the clouds!

Shel March 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM  

I adore your layout. Especially the use of the tree as the "i"! Cute idea! Thanks for the opportunity to win!

Ginny H March 17, 2011 at 1:31 PM  

I love how you took the LO beyond the edge of the paper!

♥Silvana♥ March 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM  

This is a lovely layout, thanks for sharing and for the chance to win this rosettes I love them =0

Heather Doolittle March 17, 2011 at 1:43 PM  

Love your layout! So girly and cute! The clouds are so so SO adorable.

MissMian March 17, 2011 at 1:53 PM  

What a great photo! And a lovely LO!

krista March 17, 2011 at 1:55 PM  

that's a fun layout---amazing photo too.

Marla March 17, 2011 at 1:57 PM  

Incredible LO! Love all the butterflies and those rosettes would be wonderful to win!! Thanks for a chance!!

Lillian Child March 17, 2011 at 2:01 PM  

What a delightful page layout and GREAT "action" photo!

And I just found your blog on this hop - so very nice to meet you!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com
lillianchild at cox dot net

Jingle March 17, 2011 at 2:08 PM  

This is really adorable!

StephD March 17, 2011 at 2:10 PM  

Seeing this picture makes me really wish spring would come already!

Amy Heller March 17, 2011 at 2:31 PM  

Ohhhhhh, I LOVE this!! My fave so far!! Look at that photo - gorgeous, really gorgeous!!

Andrea Becker March 17, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

I LOVE IT!!! Love the clouds and the butterfliessssss!!! AMAZING!!!

Melissa R. March 17, 2011 at 2:42 PM  

I love the colors in Hello Sunshine. Great layout! Thanks for a chance to win!!

Pam AKA: picnic March 17, 2011 at 2:43 PM  

OMG how cute this is... just love everything about the LO, TFS



pjnscrapbooking@pldi.net

Heather (goldiecar) March 17, 2011 at 2:44 PM  

I love LOVE L-O-V-E this layout! I love mostly, how the kraft paper reflects the colors in the photograph. Simply stunning!

catnap March 17, 2011 at 2:44 PM  

What a sweet layout. The papers are perfect for the photo!

Jocelyn March 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM  

Fabulous LO...that pic is perfect and all of the papers and goodies are so adorable!!!

Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Romy March 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM  

What a cute layout. Soooo pretty!

Kimberly March 17, 2011 at 3:12 PM  

I love the combo of elements on your layout!

Anonymous,  March 17, 2011 at 3:21 PM  

adorable! love the little "i" tree :)

Christine March 17, 2011 at 3:27 PM  

I love the title! The tree is perfect as the "i"...very clever!

Sheila March 17, 2011 at 3:28 PM  

Love your layout, thank you for the chance!

Anonymous,  March 17, 2011 at 3:45 PM  

I love AC !!!! thanks for the chance to win !

isa@scrapdisa March 17, 2011 at 3:48 PM  

Waooow !!! What a fun and great layout. Thanks for the inspiration, and Thanks for the chance to win.
I hope I'll be lucky just for once.

KathleenB March 17, 2011 at 4:01 PM  

Beautiful page - awesome photo!!

Jean March 17, 2011 at 4:05 PM  

Wow - love the clouds and the sky and that curly border!! Wonderful layout!

chksngr March 17, 2011 at 4:35 PM  

This is AMAZING!!! I feel like I'm right in that layout! AWESOME!

Michelle Clement March 17, 2011 at 4:37 PM  

What a sweet page! :) I *love* the photo!! it's so carefree & lovely. :)

Andrea M. March 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM  

My favorite project on the hop! LOVE it!!

Jody March 17, 2011 at 4:47 PM  

You had me at the "i" in skip. ;)

Anonymous,  March 17, 2011 at 4:49 PM  

Love your project...great hop.

Laila March 17, 2011 at 4:57 PM  

Beautiful layout! Thanks for all the inspiration :-)

Elena March 17, 2011 at 5:16 PM  

great layout! thank you for sharing!

Heather March 17, 2011 at 5:17 PM  

Wow. I LOVE this layout!

sarah b March 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM  

I love this page! Simple elegance is what I would call it. :)

Cynthia Baldwin March 17, 2011 at 6:04 PM  

I totally agree with your patterned kraft paper comment - kudos to AC - I think the look rocks!
Your page rocks too. Love the butterflies and clouds. And the photo: she just looks filled with joy! :)
TFS!

Susan March 17, 2011 at 6:06 PM  

You layout is one of the best I've seen lately! Loved the playfulness of it.

Susan Jenkins

Elisa March 17, 2011 at 6:30 PM  

love your layout :)
thanks for the chance to win
mua mua

Jan March 17, 2011 at 6:45 PM  

Love this rosettes! So Cute/

Stacey March 17, 2011 at 6:57 PM  

Just bought alot of this line but don't yet have the rosettes. The layout is beautiful!

Joanne March 17, 2011 at 7:02 PM  

love the layout and the picture is so cute.
-joanne
jpineda77@hotmail.com

Nitasha March 17, 2011 at 7:27 PM  

such a fun lo...the elements work perfectly with the photo!

Sara March 17, 2011 at 7:31 PM  

Cute layout! Love the cut out clouds. I love Hello Sunshine too!

Paige Taylor Evans March 17, 2011 at 7:46 PM  

Cuuuuute layout Melanie! Thanks so much for participating in the hop!!!

Lisa March 17, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

Very cute! Thanks for sharing!

Nora March 17, 2011 at 8:07 PM  

Ah, the layout is so cute, love the bright colors!

Emily March 17, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

those little swirlies off the side....adorable!

Maggie Massey March 17, 2011 at 8:34 PM  

Oh, I just adore this layout! That photo is great!!! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Miss Kathy March 17, 2011 at 8:36 PM  

Beautiful layout, so happy and girly. I think I need that MS punch too. Thanks for a chance to win.

Barb March 17, 2011 at 8:39 PM  

What a fun layout and I love rosettes!! Thanks for sharing.
Barb

Barb March 17, 2011 at 8:46 PM  

Okay, I love LOVE love your layout, Mel... the title work is fab, and the little bits of handwriting add the perfect finishing touch. So heartfelt and so beautiful.

Anonymous,  March 17, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

Your layout is adorable, love the clouds! Blog hop is fun thanks for the giveaway.

Jenny March 17, 2011 at 9:16 PM  

love your layout! so beautiful!

ckbills2000 March 17, 2011 at 9:44 PM  

Love your blog and you layout is perfect. These American Craft Delights have to be one of my favorites!

ckbills2000@hotmail.com

JLPC March 17, 2011 at 9:45 PM  

you layout, and that photo--swoon! And I'd love to try the delights, thanks for the chance to win!

ckbills2000 March 17, 2011 at 9:46 PM  

perfect!

ckbills2000@hotmail.com

Brittney March 17, 2011 at 9:55 PM  

This is sooo yummy - love that little frame!

Diane March 17, 2011 at 10:04 PM  

tooo cute mel...
please pic me...i never win anything...will complaining help lol
xx

Liane March 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM  

What a fun layout! I love it!

Jodi R. March 17, 2011 at 10:49 PM  

Such a sweet LO. She will love it. I love that Kraft paper, I need some of that too.

Juanna Hope Sia March 17, 2011 at 11:09 PM  

your layout is beautiful, so vibrant! thanks for sharing (:

Gina Lideros March 18, 2011 at 12:08 AM  

such a fun layout! I adore those butterflies!

Lynne March 18, 2011 at 12:55 AM  

Such cute stuff! Thanks for the giveaway!

st_mccall March 18, 2011 at 1:18 AM  

What an adorable little lady! Your layout is so happy, it just makes me smile, thanks for the inspiration and for sharing it with me! And of course, thanks for the chance to win a fun prize.

Susie March 18, 2011 at 1:52 AM  

super cute lo! great giveaway and fun hop

8bis March 18, 2011 at 4:36 AM  

i'm an inconditional fan, i love your work and this lo is just beautiful ! a little freestyle ;-)
have a good day !!

Tattered Nest, A Vintage Market March 18, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

your layout is so beautiful. thanks for the giveaway!

Anonymous,  March 18, 2011 at 8:36 AM  

love how the embellies actually complement the story!

Shawninaz March 18, 2011 at 10:18 AM  

Hello Sunshine is my favorite new collection and you used it to perfection. She will love hanging this in her room. So bright and fun!

Colby March 18, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

Love the fresh, carefree feeling of your LO. Awesome products.

Unknown March 18, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

Your not the only one that needs to do spring cleaning... I think its time for a garage sale around my house... thanks for a chance to win some great goodies!

Just Us March 18, 2011 at 12:05 PM  

So fun! Thanks for sharing!

Bunnyfreak March 18, 2011 at 12:43 PM  

Love the energy of the layout,

KindredEsprit March 18, 2011 at 4:21 PM  

great photo! love the layout; that felt tree is fabulous and I love the clouds! thanks for this chance!

Mandy March 18, 2011 at 5:11 PM  

Beautiful layout! Thanks for a chance to win!

Gayle215 March 18, 2011 at 6:11 PM  

I love this cheerful layout, especially the fussy cut clouds! Gayleandmike@charter.net

heathyr March 18, 2011 at 6:32 PM  

don't tell anyone, but your layout is my favorite ;) Plus I love those details you are giving away!

Scrapamum March 18, 2011 at 6:57 PM  

Such a beautiful layout!

Pierre-David & Agata March 18, 2011 at 7:02 PM  

So cool to see your gorgeous work!!! Lovely layout!

Suzy March 18, 2011 at 9:25 PM  

Love your title work! I'm ready for SPRING! :) Thanks for the chance to win.
Suzy suzyq28024@gmail.com

deanne34 March 19, 2011 at 2:17 AM  

Your layout is absoulutely beautiful. Great work. Very inspiring!

Lynette C March 19, 2011 at 3:15 AM  

Love your very "SPRING" page. Love the the cheerful colors.

btsoi. March 19, 2011 at 10:01 AM  

Beautiful! It literally looks like a page out of a magazine!

Hámos Beáta (betsie) March 19, 2011 at 10:39 AM  

I adore your page and these rosettes are wonderful! :)

Holly March 19, 2011 at 1:26 PM  

Love the layout! Uh oh, I'm feelin inspired now. Must drop everything and scrapbook ;)

Agus March 19, 2011 at 2:43 PM  

Such a cool photo!! your layout is lovely (:

Anonymous,  March 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM  

Just joyous!

Anonymous,  March 19, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

i love the lighting on the photograph in the LO. simply beautiful! thanks for the giveaway!

Ashley Bennett March 19, 2011 at 8:23 PM  

Wonderful layout, love the clever tree placement in the title! Great giveaway, crossing my fingers that I win!

Ashley Bennett
abenne27@comcast.net

Aimee Kidd March 19, 2011 at 8:51 PM  

I love, love, love, this page!!! The details are wonderful!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that I win your RAK!! I have been wanting those flowers ever since the first time I saw them!!

Kim M March 19, 2011 at 9:58 PM  

That layout is so playful and fun, it makes me smile. Thanks for the chance to win, I love those accordion flowers.

delliechan March 19, 2011 at 11:24 PM  

this layout is a work of art - i love it

Yainea March 20, 2011 at 3:37 AM  

Love the layout! I feel the spring on it. Thanks for sharing :)

Gina March 20, 2011 at 6:02 AM  

Adorable page, you really captured her joy in the details of your layout :)

Emptynest Scrapper March 20, 2011 at 7:45 AM  

I love your photography and the cloud idea. I am going to use that on my next layout.

Anonymous,  March 20, 2011 at 1:08 PM  

Such a fun layout and those 'details' are so cute!

S_U_F_69 March 20, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

Amazing layout! Love AC :)

erseline March 20, 2011 at 1:44 PM  

Ta page est splendide ! Whaou j'adore ....

nina March 20, 2011 at 3:04 PM  

Oh, this LO is beautiful! very different and unique from other things I saw made of "hello sunshine" - I love it! and it makes me smile :)

Monika March 20, 2011 at 3:22 PM  

Love the LO. So cheery! I hadn't seen that MS punch. I LOVE it.

Thanks for the chance to win some pretties

Valerie March 20, 2011 at 5:00 PM  

Wonderful, creative lo!

Mabel March 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM  

How cool page!!! love those clouds!!

Vanessa March 20, 2011 at 6:16 PM  

so lovely! Thanks for the chance to win!

Tere Azua March 20, 2011 at 9:17 PM  

Your layout is so beautiful and fresh!!!!

fong33 March 21, 2011 at 5:19 PM  

What a fun layout and cool picture!

Erin Morehouse May 4, 2011 at 11:51 PM  

totally missed the giveaway, but I think this is such a wild page for you!must be the doodle-y looking clouds or something...

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!