Welcome to the AC Abode blog hop!

 05 April 2010

When I saw the Abode line from American Crafts at CHA previews last January, my heart skipped a beat... the colours, the patterns, and most of all, the theme of this line was made just for me. Case in point, the subject of my layout below. ( click on it twice to see it larger) It couldn't be more perfect for someone who has a chef in the family, n'est pas? I was thrilled to finally get a chance to scrap a layout about my hubby's job- been wanting to do this page forever.
Since I am someone with limited willpower and patience, I couldn't wait for my DT box to arrive, and had to buy some... ok, mostly all of the Abode at my lss when it came in- it was very hard to resist when it sat there taunting me on a daily basis. ;p So, seeing as I have some stuff in duplicate, I have an extra pack of these robin's egg blue 'Flat' thickers and a few other goodies to give away. Just leave me a comment about what you'd love to see AC come out with in future lines... it's always fun to dream about your personal wish list, isn't it?  And you never know who might be be reading the comments. ;)
  I'll draw a name from that random generator thingie Tuesday night, and post the winner here on Wednesday.



Please be sure and visit my DT colleagues blogs to check out their pages- I'm off to do that now. :)
Here's the list of who's where:

 kim arnold - www.kimarnold.typepad.com
moon ko - www.mooner363.typepad.com
kathy thompson - www.kathythompsonlaffoley.typepad.com
katrina simeck - www.katyat34.typepad.com
piradee talvanna - www.piradee.blogspot.com
loredana bucaria - www.lovescraplife.typepad.com
martha bonneau - www.mugsyboo.typepad.com
nichole duenke - www.nicholew.typepad.com
shannon zickel - www.shannonzickel.typepad.com
beth proudfoot - www.bethproudfoot.blogspot.com
paige evans - www.chrisandpaige.blogspot.com
wendy sue anderson - www.wendysueanderson.blogspot.com
doris sander - www.sanderdk.typepad.com
mary jo johnston - www.maryjojohnston.blogspot.com
elizabeth carney - www.itsmythingy.blogspot.com

dusti nakamura - www.acupcakelife.blogspot.com
kim watson - www.kj-starre.blogspot.com
holly hanks - www.hollyscharmedlife.blogspot.com
danielle layton - www.vtpuggirl.blogspot.com
kelly purkey - www.kellypurkey.typepad.com

Happy hopping!

69 comments:

Unknown April 5, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

Wooow! Lovely layout! Thanks for this opportunity

Wendy Sue April 5, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

what a great layout - love the way you added the journaling on the side. :)

Elizabeth April 5, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

Love how you rocked the line! The journaling fits so neatly into the layout!

wendyp April 5, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

Great layout!!! Loving this new line!

what would I like to see AC come out with? hmmm, not sure. They always seem to come out with the coolest lines. Always love to see boy inspired lines/color combos!

my paper love studio April 5, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

love this layout and the design - especially how you balanced the embellishments and included the journaling details.

Anonymous,  April 5, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

I'm a long time admirer (lurker?) of your scrapbooking/photography! Love the layout and what you do with American Crafts!

Marianne

KathyT April 5, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

Awesome page Mel - and your own private chef, nice :)

Marielle April 5, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

Wish my hubby cooked !!! Love your layout!!!

Anonymous,  April 5, 2010 at 11:37 AM  

Love this new paper and I soo love your layout!! Fab design!! Creative Snaps to you!!

Dani,  April 5, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

That is so cute! I love 8.5" x 11" layouts because I've never been able to do them right. I'm not sure what I'd like to see in future AC lines... what about something vintage and distressed? But I totally agree that Abode is AWESOME!!!! :)

Lorraine April 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

Such a bright, fun page! Great job! I'd like to see some really masculine pp subjects - fishing and golf, perhaps? LOL! AC is always a stunner!

Heather April 5, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

I don't know if there is anything new that I'm dying to see-- I scrapbook a lot of Disneyland photos, dress-up pictures of my daughter and holidays-- maybe that will spark a designers creativity :)

juli (sweetpz) April 5, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

very cool layout! loving the pattern papers =)
I'd love to see maybe some Bling?? rhinestones?

hugs
juli

Jessica April 5, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

Of course you bought it at the store, youre crazy!

I would like to see another beach line

Mabel April 5, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

What a cute page!!! love this line!!! thanks for sharing us! =)

A girl and three boys April 5, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Gosh...they come out with tons of cute stuff all the time, so it makes it hard to think of something they haven't thought of yet! Maybe a coffee/java/tea line? Um...maybe a veggie garden line? LOVE adobe, by the way!!

Graziella April 5, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

hats off to chef ... and to the chef's lady!

great layout, mel. i love the colours comin' out of your white page. :)

Geralyn April 5, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

Love the layout! Hmm, AC has definitely come out with some great stuff...I'd love to see another version of a travel-themed collection!

floridagirl April 5, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

whoa - beautiful LO!! I would love to see AC come out with a colorful beachy/summer product line!

Rhonda April 5, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

Totally Cute!

Frogs -- give me HOPPY FROGS! LOL

Anonymous April 5, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

Great layout, Melanie!

I can never get enough of Thickers, so anything new in the Thickers line would be great with me!

Anonymous,  April 5, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

cute page! ... and can i just say that AC can keep the Thickers coming?? :)

Linda,  April 5, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

I'm coming over for dinner, ok? I know Bob is working from home, so tell him to step away from the computer, and start that other work (feeding me!). ;) Love the layout!

Melanie April 5, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

I love thickers - I have a hard enough time deciding with all the choices they have now but I guess i would say more colors or hues of colors!!

doris sander April 5, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

fabulous! that rub-on at the top is perfection. :D

*Monica B* April 5, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

Love your layout! I would really love to see American Crafts come out with another Dear Lizzy line... maybe a summer one!

Monika Wright | I Love It All April 5, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

I would love to see some couple/relationship/marriage/best friend ever...well, you get my drift items from American Crafts. I don't necessarily want something too sweet or sappy and I know that AC could do just the right thing. Right on target and current, with a little retro.

I enjoy seeing how you combine patterned papers, which is always a struggle for me. Thanks.

nancy April 5, 2010 at 5:46 PM  

Cute layout! Love the patterned paper around the edge.

I would love to see an Art-Noveau based line... I would flip!

Loredana April 5, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

very nice work!!!!!!
I love how you have used the adobe line!:)

AmyInKy April 5, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

Love your layout - that does sound cool to be married to a chef!
I can't think of anything new for AC to come out with...I just hope they keep making Thickers! ;)

Michelle StClair April 5, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

Love the design!!!! Love how you scrapped your chef!!!

Paige Taylor Evans April 5, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

This line fits PERFECTLY with this picture - love your choice of the patterned paper background :)

ruth April 5, 2010 at 7:08 PM  

Great layout! Hmmm...something I'd like to see in a line....how about 'crowns'. :)

Diana Waite April 5, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

this photo just speaks to me. Great job!

Diana April 5, 2010 at 8:07 PM  

I love the Abode line too, and your layout is fantastic. Hmmm... what would I like to see from AC? I love almost everything they do already! I guess I'd love to see how they "do" shabby chic/vintage.

nspiegel April 5, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

Beautiful layout and you are right - I can't wait to get my hands on these products (hint, hint)! As for future lines, I am always looking for beach/vacation lines that are a little different, i.e., something other than pails and shovels and seashells. Thanks!

carriegel April 5, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

i love your layout and American Crafts. Thanks for the chance to win.

Barb April 5, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

Oh Mel, I love your page! And I love the fact that I snagged some of that Abode goodness from SC, thanks to you. :)

Two things:
1. You ARE indeed very lucky to have such a wonderfully talented husband.
2. As for what I'd like to see AC come out with next, I was going to write more non-Thicker letter stickers, please, but I just visited their website and saw the latest Remarks letter stickers... and I ended up emailing my LSS owner with a wish list. (She's awesome at ordering whatever letter stickers I request... and she gets LOTS for all her customers, not just me!)

vtpuggirl April 5, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

Beautiful page! Love that you have a chef, perfect for this line!

Meghann Andrew April 5, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

Love your layout! It is the perfect line for it. I don't know what new stuff I'd like to see, I'd just like AC to keep up with their fabulousness!

kelly April 5, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

this totally made me smile, mel!

mica April 5, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

What an awesome layout!! Love this line!

Carrie G. April 5, 2010 at 10:49 PM  

Anything AC is good with me! It's my favorite paper.

Audrey Yeager April 5, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

I love the elements you used over the top of the journaling! Very cute LO!

Melanie April 6, 2010 at 1:40 AM  

Fantastic layout! I'm always looking for more "boy" lines!

Gloria April 6, 2010 at 3:19 AM  

I like this LO! It's very beautiful!!! Kisses from Italy, Gloria.

Shayne April 6, 2010 at 4:06 AM  

More of those gorgeous thickers - how absolutely cute are they? Love them.

As do i your LO - so divine. Am here from Kim W's blog. Will def be back!

Lara April 6, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

Fantastic idea!!!!!!!I like this blog and thank's for sharing this faboulous ideas!!!! ;)

Esther Aw April 6, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

i like the clean lines of the layout. :)

melanie,  April 6, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

Like the colour combo. I'd like to see a line geared toward the "drama/creative" teen, one can get any kind of sport, cheerleading themed embellies, not so much words and drama masques etc. I use stamps and bits I've found and made. Just think of the dramatic stripes and patterns AC could come up with!!

Unknown April 6, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

Love the layout! Am totally going to scraplift you.

Life in Colors April 6, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

Love your page! And what would I like to see in the future from AC? I think they are already one of my fav brands, love the colors they use, so colorful and always makes me smile and feel happy !

Astrid.

Anonymous,  April 6, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

Such a happy layout! Love thickers... could always use more designs & colors there, right? Then again, not sure where I would put them. :)

Anonymous,  April 6, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

Oh, if they could do a city line and a weather line I'd be eternally grateful.
Domenico

Unknown April 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM  

Great layout! Thank you for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!